HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Among the various free FTP programs available to download on the internet for Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux, HostMonster recommends Filezilla. It can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.filezilla-project.org.
- Click the Site Manager icon.
- On the Site Manager window, click the New Site button.
- For the server host, if your nameservers are pointed to ns1.HostMonster.com and ns2.HostMonster.com, you may simply put your domain name. If your name servers are not pointed to us, then please use the IP address from the introductory E-mail message.
- For the protocol, make sure that FTP is selected.
- The username can be found by visiting the FTP Accounts section of the cPanel. Please note that the username may contain [email protected]" where domain.com is the domain name.
- Enter an FTP password. If you are using the default FTP username, the password is the main cPanel password.
- Click the Connect button.
Now, the files and folders on your server are viewable.
The easiest way to copy files to and from the server is to simply drag-and-drop them from one side to the other.
Getting Started Article 660,095 views bookmark
sharetags: ftp manager server site username
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
Among the various free FTP programs available to download on the internet for Mac OSX, we recommend Cyberduck. It can be downloaded free of charge from http://cyberduck.ch. The program is installed b
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site?
Knowledgebase Article 879,068 views tags: client configure file filezilla ftp party set settings setup zilla
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
Related Help Content
I want to be able to provide an FTP link to my site that does not use Unlimited FTP or Anonymous FTP.
How do I upload my web site?
This article will explain how-to enable FTP on a newly provisioned VPS or Dedicated cPanel server. Since FTP is an unsecured connection point to the server, cPanel has it disabled by default in version 11.86 or prior.
. It can be purchased for $25.00 USD from http://fetchsoftworks.com. The program is installed by dragging the Fetch icon into your computer's Applications folder. When Fetch opens, you will see the ne
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display?
Knowledgebase Article 187,703 views tags: concurrent connections displaying frozen manager manger process site twenty website
Why does my FTP connection slow down?
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.
Video "How-to" Tutorial 1,070,414 views tags: account accounts cpanelutilities ftp login publish upload
We are offering free website migrations for qualifying WordPress websites within the first 30 days after signup. The offer includes the transfer of one WordPress website and the ability to review the site before it goes live.