HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How to Share your Backup with Professional Services
Sharing a Backup with DropBox
- Navigate to https://dropbox.com.
If you do not have an account, you will need to create one to proceed.
- Once logged in, you will see a section to the top right that will allow you to upload content.
- If you have an entire folder, then select Upload Folder.
- If you have a single archive file, such as a .zip or .tar, then select Upload File.
- That will open a standard File Explorer; find the backup and select it for upload.
- Once it has uploaded, you will need to make it shareable. Hovering over the item will expose a Share button.
- Click the Share button, then click Create link in the bottom corner to generate the link for this file.
- Once the link has been generated, click Copy link, then send it back to Professional Services in response to their email.
Sharing a Backup with Google Drive
- Navigate to http://drive.google.com.
If you are not logged in to a Google account, find the button that says Go to Google Drive and log in there. If you don’t have a Google account we recommend using DropBox instead.
- If you haven't already uploaded your backup, click the New option in the top right-hand corner of your Google Dashboard.
- If you have a single file, such as a .zip or a .tar, select File Upload and use the File Explorer that pops up to select the file.
- If you are providing the files in a folder, select Folder Upload and use the File Explorer that pops up to select the folder.
- Once uploaded, the item will need to be made shareable with anyone that has the link. Right-click on the item and then click Get Shareable Link.
- Clicking that button will prompt another pop up that lists some details about the item. From here, you will need to click Sharing Settings.
- Another box will pop up where you can select who has access to the item; select Anyone with the link can edit from the drop-down.
If you are using a company GSuite account, you may need to click More in that drop-down to share it outside of your company.
- The final step is to click Copy Link, and send that link to Professional Services in your response to their email.