HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How To Install WordPress - WordPress Installation Guide
If you would like to get started but don't have an account you can sign up for one at HostMonster.com.
We provide multiple options designed to make it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use Marketplace or My Sites to install WordPress to the root of your site or to a subdirectory.
Installing WordPress with Marketplace (Legacy)
- Log in to your HostMonster cPanel account.
- Find the Website section and select Install WordPress.
- Click the Install button.
- Choose the domain name to install it to. In the field next to the domain, you can enter a subfolder such as 'blog' or leave it blank if you want the site's main page to be the blog.
- If necessary, you can edit the email address, username and password for the new WordPress installation. Click "advanced options" and you can change those settings.
- Read through the license and service agreements and check the boxes.
- Select the Install Now button.
Installing WordPress with My Sites (Bluerock)
- Log in to your HostMonster Hosting account.
- Open the My Sites tab from the side menu on the left.
- Click on the Create Site button.
- Enter the Site Name and Site Tagline.
- Click Next.
- Select the domain you wish to install to from the drop-down list.
- Choose the directory this should be installed to, and click Next.
If you would like to get started but don't have an account you can sign for one at HostMonster.com.
Knowledgebase Article 971,073 views bookmark
sharetags: blog buildersonline website wordpress
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
The HostMonster Marketplace helps you browse, purchase, install, and manage WordPress themes, plugins, and add-ons directly from your HostMonster.com dashboard. Choose from over 900 premium WordPress themes, dozens of WooCommerce eCommerce plugins and add-ons, and even professional ser
Knowledgebase Article 72,710 views tags: Marketplace install marketing plugins purchase setup themes wordpress
Install Themes These steps will help you install and select a WordPress theme for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New Themes link in the Appearance Menu. You can search for
Install Plugins These steps will help you install and select a WordPress plugin for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New link from the Plugins menu. You can search for a plug
Related Help Content
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPress.
This article explains how to deactivate, change or delete themes and plugins on a WordPress site without the dashboard.
Knowledgebase Article 243,361 views tags: access dashboard deactivate disable plugin plugins theme themes wordpress
There are multiple different ways you can install a theme you have purchased for your WordPress site. This article will explain our two recommended methods for installation.
Knowledgebase Article 82,536 views tags: auto automatic certified download install manual premium themes update upload wordpress
There’s a wide variety of themes available within the WordPress community, and we have taken extra steps to vet our themes for high quality.
Knowledgebase Article 86,687 views tags: Marketplace certified install premium setup themes wordpress
This guide will walk you through getting your WordPress theme set up so that you can quickly get to the fun part - customizing your site!
Versatile and robust, WordPress is a favorite among applications and content management systems. This article provides nine tips for working in WordPress.
The first step in the process requires a WordPress theme, preferably one that includes a one-click demo import. Any of the HostMonster Certified Themes on HostMonster should come with this feature.
Knowledgebase Article 68,298 views tags: MOJO Marketplace demo install press setup theme word wordpress
A free theme can be a good fit if your goal is to simply run a blog. Consider a premium theme if you plan to have more functionality and/or flair, such as an eCommerce site.
Knowledgebase Article 67,572 views tags: Marketplace premium themes wordpress