HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Dropping columns from a database table using PhpMyAdmin
Dropping columns from a database table in PhpMyAdmin
It is recommended that you make a backup before you perform any destructive actions, such as dropping database columns. Without a backup, there will be no way to restore anything mistakenly deleted.
WARNING! Dropping columns in your database permanently deletes the column and all the data stored in that column. Make sure that none of your applications or websites rely on information contained in the column(s) you are deleting.
- Log in to your HostMonster cPanel account.
- Navigate to the Database Tools section, and select phpMyAdmin.
- Select the database you want to work with (in the left column when you first access phpMyAdmin).
- Select the table you want to work with.
- Place a check mark next to the column(s) you wish to drop (delete permanently).
- Click on the Drop button underneath the list of columns.
- It will ask you if you really want to do this. Review what will be dropped to make sure the correct columns are being deleted. If it is correct, click on the Yes button to drop the columns. Otherwise click No.
A message stating your SQL query was executed successfully will be displayed and your columns will be gone.
Knowledgebase Article 159,236 views bookmark
sharetags: Plesk cpanel databases mysql phpmyadmin
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
Step by step directions on how you can search your database using phpMyAdmin
Knowledgebase Article 154,139 views tags: Plesk cpanel databases mysql phpmyadmin
A step by step guide on how to manipulate data in your mySQL tables using phpMyAdmin
Knowledgebase Article 166,907 views tags: databases mysql phpmyadmin
A guide to duplicating a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin
Knowledgebase Article 211,388 views tags: databases mysql phpmyadmin
Related Help Content
This article will show you how to rename a database table in phpMyAdmin.
Knowledgebase Article 298,760 views tags: databases mysql phpmyadmin
Instructions on adding a column to your database in phpMyAdmin
Knowledgebase Article 184,327 views tags: databases mysql phpmyadmin
A repository of information on how you can manage your database by using the phpMyAdmin interface.
Knowledgebase Article 349,935 views tags: commands database mysql phpmyadmin
This article will explain MySQL database and user creation and deletion, and explain how to assign a user to a database.
How do I import a backup of my database (.sql file) using phpMyAdmin?
Knowledgebase Article 738,693 views tags: database mysql phpmyadmin
A guide on performing a standard SQL query using the phpMyAdmin interface
Knowledgebase Article 167,694 views tags: databases mysql phpmyadmin
Guidance on adding tables to your mySQL database in phpMyAdmin
Knowledgebase Article 101,472 views tags: mysql phpmyadmin
How to Restore your MySQL Database?