This article will walk you through how to reset the password for your Joomla account. You can also refer to this article provided by Joomla: How do you recover your admin password?
Resetting Your Joomla Login in phpMyAdmin
- Log in to your HostMonster cPanel account.
- Login to phpMyAdmin.
- Choose your database from the list on the left hand side of the page.
- Click the _users table. Note: By default this table will be called jml_users.
- Click the Edit link, to the left of your username.
- Locate the password row and choose MD5 from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your new password.
- Scroll down and click the Go button.
Recommended Help Content
How to reset various passwords associated with your account
How to reset the password for FTP users.
This article will explain how to change or reset the password for a MySQL user.
Related Help Content
This article explains how to reset a lost WordPress password using phpMyAdmin.
How do I change my Control Panel password?
This article will explain how to change the password for a database in the event that the original password is lost.
Instructions for restting your Email Account's Password through cPanel or Webmail
A list of locations where you can find support for joomla outside of HostMonster
I am prompted to set a new MySQL password. What does this mean and how do I change it?
What should I do if I am having problems with multiple password prompts on my password protected directory?
This article explains the different password types for your hostmonster account.