HostMonster Web Hosting Help
FTP Setup using Dreamweaver MX 2004
File Transfer - Dreamweaver - Version MX 2004 - Connecting and Uploading
- Open DreamWeaver MX 2004. Click on Site and choose Manage Sites.
- Click the New button and choose Site.
- Under the Advanced Tab, fill in the Site name and HTTP Address (your domain name).
- Click the Remote Info category.Set Access Type to FTP.
- Make sure host is your domain name (example: mysite.com) or the IP address of the server.
- Type public_html as the host directory.
- Type in your username and password and click OK at the bottom.*
- Click Done in the Manage Sites Window.
- Now open your website and click Site and choose Put.
- Dreamweaver will upload your files to the server.
Note: The username should be the 8 character username you received in your sign up confirmation email. However if a web developer or other 3rd party is connecting to your site please create a new FTP user for the other party. Your "main" username and password should not be given out to 3rd parties who just need ftp access.
Knowledgebase Article 207,655 views bookmark
sharetags: dreamweaver ftp
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX?
Knowledgebase Article 227,059 views tags: dreamweaver ftp
This article explains how to publish your site through FTP on Dreamweaver 2014
Knowledgebase Article 114,891 views tags: cc dreamweaver ftp
Connecting and uploading via FTP with Dreamweaver CS5
Knowledgebase Article 446,382 views tags: dreamweaver ftp
Related Help Content
How do I upload my web site?
How do I setup Dreamweaver 8 for FTP?
Knowledgebase Article 219,398 views tags: client configure dream file information party program protocol set setup steps transfer
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.
Video "How-to" Tutorial 1,072,199 views tags: account accounts cpanelutilities ftp login publish upload
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site?
Knowledgebase Article 880,302 views tags: client configure file filezilla ftp party set settings setup zilla
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
Video "How-to" Tutorial 279,448 views tags: dreamweaver
How do I publish my website using Microsoft Publisher 2007