HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Accessing the File Manager
File Manager Overview - Accessing the File Manager
File Manager is a quick and easy way to navigate through your files. It also has an array of features that can help you to manage your files, such as uploading, creating, removing, editing, copying, moving, compressing, or extracting your files.
This article is part of our File Manager tutorial series. Please see the links below if you are looking for a specific explanation of the File Manager.
- Accessing the File Manager
- Navigating the File Manager
- Uploading Files
- Creating, Removing, and Editing Files
- Copying and Moving Files
- Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
- Extracting Files from an Archive
Accessing the File Manager
- Log in to your HostMonster cPanel account.
- Under the Files category locate the File Manager icon.
- A dialouge box will appear. In the pop-up, select Web Root (public_html/www) and check the box next to Show Hidden Files (dotfiles). (this will place you in the folder for your web content and show you all the files and folders present).
- The File Manager will now load in a new window and show your files. Double click on a folder to open it, and click Up One Level to go back a folder. For more information on getting around the File Manager, please see our Navigating the File Manager article.
No pop-up box? You may have selected the "Skip this question, and always open this directory in the future when opening File Manager" option. To make the pop-up reappear, simply click reset all interface settings at the very bottom of your cPanel.
Getting Started Article 440,713 views bookmark
sharetags: cpanel filemanager
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
This article will walk you through creating, removing, and editing files with the file manager.
Knowledgebase Article 251,324 views tags: cpanel filemanager
This article will walk you through copying and moving files using the File Manager.
Knowledgebase Article 232,507 views tags: cpanel filemanager
This article will walk you through extracting compressed files using the File Manager.
Knowledgebase Article 208,861 views tags: cpanel filemanager
Related Help Content
This article will walk you through uploading files using the File Manager
This article will walk you through navigating the File Manager.
Knowledgebase Article 156,948 views tags: cpanel filemanager
How do I Access My Account Control Panel?
This article will explain how to utilize GZip through the file manager.
Knowledgebase Article 194,895 views tags: archive compress compression decompress file gzip management zip
This article will explain how to access and use the Web Disk and cPanel as well as explain variations for different operating systems.
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display?
Knowledgebase Article 187,939 views tags: concurrent connections displaying frozen manager manger process site twenty website
This article will explain how to utilize the IP Deny Manager tool in cPanel.