HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How To Setup Outlook 2013 On Windows - Outlook 2013 Email Guide
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up email on Outlook 2013 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary.
Adding a new account:
- Select the File menu and choose Info
- Click the Add Account button.
- Choose Manual setup or additional server types
- Click Next.
- Choose POP or IMAP .
- Click Next.
- Enter your Name as you want it to appear on your outbound email messages.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter mail.example.com as your Incoming Mail Server.
You would not enter example.com but your own domain name.
- The Outgoing Mail Server is the same as your Incoming Mail Server.
- Enter your email address for the User Name.
- Enter your email password.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Click the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" checkbox.
- Make sure that it is using the same settings as your incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- If you are using POP3 with SSL, please enter 995 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 110.
- If you are using POP3, you may choose when messages are removed from the server.
- If you are using IMAP with SSL, please enter 993 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 143.
- If you are using SMTP with SSL, please enter 465 for your port. Otherwise change the port to 26.
- Click the OK button.
Completing the Setup
- Click Next on the E-mail Accounts window.
- Click the Finish button.
Outlook 2013 is now correctly configured to send and receive emails.